When you buy any product for personal use, it should be a given that you have a care and maintenance procedure in place. This is a prerequisite in keeping the product in good working condition.
This applies to your vaporizer pen too in equal measure. Vaporizer pens are so far the simplest products to clean and maintain as compared to other vaporizer products.
Below is an outline of important tips that will guide you on how to clean a vaporizer pen.
Know your vaporizer pen
Your Vaporizer pen could vaporize oil, herbs or wax. There are different cleaning methods utilized in cleaning each material used in your vaporizer pen.
Knowing the different parts of your vaporizer pen will help you understand how to handle the disassembling process.
Most vaporizer pens have a heating chamber, a battery and a mouthpiece.
Dry herb vaporizer pen
Vaporizing ground herbs can at times be very messy. However, cleaning the vaporizer pen after each use is one of the easiest things to do. The concentrates used do not leave any sticky residues in the heating chamber.
Cleaning a dry herb vaporizer pen
- Unscrew the heating chamber before cleaning the device. Empty out all its contents by gently tapping them into a trash bin.
- Remove any dry particles in the chamber and on the screen using a cleaning brush.
- Most vaporizer pens come with a cleaning brush in the same package. Avoid using water in cleaning the interior of the heating chamber since it is made up of compact wiring.
- The outside part of the vaporizer pen should be cleaned using a cotton cloth while the mouthpiece can be cleaned in running water.
Oil or Wax vaporizer pens
They are the hardest to clean due to the sticky residues used in the heating chamber. However, you will find the process easy after cleaning them on a regular basis.
The design of oil/wax vaporizer pens varies depending on the model and brand. However, the vaporizer pens share similar parts that play similar roles.
Cleaning oil/wax vaporizer pens
- Open the heating chamber and separate the mouthpiece before cleaning the vaporizer pen.
- Use a dab tool, cotton bud (dipped in isopropyl alcohol) or a Q-tip to rub the rim and inner lining of the mouthpiece and heating chamber. The dab tool often comes with the vaporizer too.
- Repeat the process until no residue is visible in the heating chamber.
- While cleaning, avoid putting excessive pressure on the heating coil since it is one of the most sensitive parts of the vaporizer pen. The vaporizer becomes useless if this part is damaged.
General cleaning tip
Warming up your vaporizer pen will make the cleaning process easier and quicker. High temperatures help in loosening residual attached to the heating chamber.
Do not pour alcohol or water onto your device while cleaning. They may excessively seep into the circuitry. Use the dab tool.
If your vaporizer pen has oil attachments, separate them from the heating chamber before cleaning the outer parts using a soft and damp cloth.
Cleaning your vaporizer pen is an essential aspect to maintaining its effectiveness and lifespan.